Saturday, 9 July 2016

50 Things To Do Before I'm 50

Last weekend I achieved something I've wanted to do for just over a year.  I took part in the Kidney Research London Bridges Walk with my best friends and my husband.  The previous year I'd wanted to take part but it didn't happen for one reason and another. This year I was determined, it happened and my fabulous team & me raised over £1200 for a deserving charity, plus we had a great day wandering round London which is an absolute must for anyone once in a lifetime.

It got me thinking about all the other things I want to do that always put off and never make time for, so I resolved to make a list of 50 things I want to do before I'm 50, which gives me exactly 1 year & 28 days including today (9th July 2015).

These are things achievable, not major holidays, travelling the world, nothing like that.  These are things I think & hope I could complete, although some need the help of others and some need a lot of luck!

Here is my list (in no particular order)....

1.    Go on the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run again - I used to go every year once upon a long ago but haven't for a while but its a fab day out.

2.    Experience a trip in a hot air balloon

3.    Do the zip wire in Snowdonia

4.    Pull a pint at The Three Horseshoes - an odd one this as I pulled thousands of pints but I just want to pour another one, one last time

5.    Do a parachute jump for charity

6.    Repaint my pub sign - I last did it in 2010 and it seriously needs tarting up again 

7.    Do the London Bridges Walk for Kidney Research UK - COMPLETED 

8.    Win a Pointless trophy - twice I've filled the online application in for 'Pointless' but never sent it

9.    Visit Karen & Jon in Ireland - I miss her!

10.  Holiday in Guernsey again

11.  Visit Herm & sit on Shell Beach again, collect some shells

12.  Ride in a carriage down Blackpool Prom - as a Blackpool girl I always wanted to do this but surprisingly I never have

13.  Go to a football match

14.  Have a dance in the Tower Ballroom - I hate dancing (too self-conscious) but I love the Tower Ballroom

15.  Go punting down The Cam

16.  Go on a Thames River Cruise

17.  Experience paragliding or parascending

18.  Drive a super fast car at a race track - possibly birthday present idea.... anyone?!

19.  Learn sign language

20.  Go to an outdoor music performance with a picnic and friends

21.  Change my hair style/colour - I've had the same boring one for donkeys years, need to be brave!

22.  Go on the Emmerdale tour

23.  Have a make over by the fabulous Abz

24.  Send a message in a bottle

25.  Pay for someone's tea/coffee anonymously.

26.  Go to Northumberland, Lindisfarne and see the Grace Darling statue - I've been lucky enough to see a lot of the UK but have never been to the north east

27.  Learn how to play cards - I only know how to play patience & snap!

28.  Finish writing my book

29.  Be present at a birth - Not sure I'll be lucky enough to witness a child being born, so
       this includes any birth, kitten, bird, puppy etc

30.  Grow a plant from seed

31.  See a live band - unless you count Gene Pitney at Butlins, I've never seen a live band

32.  Volunteer for a local good cause - COMPLETED

33.  Get up early to witness a beautiful sunrise

34.  Sit by the sea and watch a sunset

35.  Learn to play a musical instrument

36.  Win a competition

37.  Go on a narrow boat

38.  Visit the Kelpies in Falkirk

39.  Feed a lamb

40.  Read the 5 books I've been meaning to read forever!
       1984
       Animal Farm
       The Great Gatsby
       Cold Comfort Farm
       Memoirs of a Militant

41.  Finish the cushion cover cross-stitch that Melanie gave me to finish

42.  Release 5 balloons with tags on, if they're found donate to a charity of the finders
       choice

43.  Plant a tree & watch it grow

44.  Adopt an animal at a wildlife sanctuary

45.  Conquer a fear - COMPLETED!

46.  Meet someone I have only ever dreamt of meeting

47.  Own & wear a sari

48.  Go stargazing

49.  Make a wine or spirit and drink it on my 50th birthday

50.  Make a gingerbread house

No comments:

Post a Comment