So, in other non-weather related news....
My last physio session at MRI was more successful than the fortnight before. Mind you, my attitude on going in was better so that probably helped. First exercise was the bike pedals and you'll never guess... I did a full rotation of the pedals on my first try!! My knee didn't hurt (it felt a little uncomfortable) but no pain as such and I sat there merrily cycling away going nowhere but as I haven't been able to do this for well over 10 years I was pretty chuffed. There was one small snag however.... I could only do it in reverse - lol - so had I been riding an actual bike, I would have been going backwards. But hey-ho, tis progress.
My bend was at 98 degrees at its best
But for every high there is a low. My low came when I had my first fall, post op. Now obviously I'm no stranger to falling over, every picture of me as a kid shows me with a plaster on one or both knees.
See, plaster on knee and usually the left one!
The school nurse used to say she knew when I'd fallen cos she'd hear the screams from the playground. But I have been a little nervous about falling on this monster piece of metal. I got up from the computer, grabbed my crutch and set off to the kitchen but unbeknown to me (because I wasn't paying attention) my left foot was caught in the cable of the printer which is on the floor next to the desk. I'd only gone 2 steps with Molly-cat walking ahead (I think I was going to let her out) when down I went and landed square on both knees. It was quite comical from a cat perspective as it was like my downdraft catapulted Molly in one jump to the back door I startled her so much. I lay on the floor on my back thinking.... 'how long til it hurts?' and waiting for the excruciating pain but luckily it didn't come. The skin on and directly around my knee doesn't seem to have any feeling so there was no surface pain and as I lay there I realised it didn't hurt at all, it was the shock of falling that had scared me more. All I was left with is quite a bruise on my left arm where the cuff of the crutch was when I fell, not a scratch or need for a plaster on my knee.... I felt a bit cheated!
Molly came over and sat wagging her tail impatiently so I dragged myself up on the computer chair in a very un-ladylike manner and carried on.
I bought some Bio Oil a couple of days ago. Well I say 'bio oil' but after pricing it up in Boots and it being almost £9 a small bottle I thought sod that for a game of soldiers and went across the shopping concourse to Quality Save. Good old Quality Save. They had the same registered trademark stuff but for £4.99, some cheaper coco-oil one for 99p and one which was exactly the same looking as bio oil but a cheaper alternative for £1.99 which is what we went for. I've been putting it on for 2 days but my scar is still there. Lol.... wouldn't it be fab if it went that quickly! But time will tell if it works. I just couldn't bear paying the best part of a tenner for something that might/might not work. 10 quid will buy 2 pints of bitter on a sunny evening!

No comments:
Post a Comment